5th Grade – SCIENCE – Unit 7: The atmosphere
Dear 5th graders!
I have prepared a lot of stuff for the new unit: The atmosphere. Why don’t you ask your parents to sit down with you while you explore the different contents? 🙂
Besides its name, this unit is not only devoted to the layer of gases surrounding the Earth, but also to the hydrosphere and the geosphere. We will also deal with some natural hazards that shape the land like volcanoes or earthquakes.
First things first: If you click here you will find the conceptual map that I have made. Again, you will need to have installed Java runtime environment in your computer. In case you don’t have it yet, you can download Java here. It won’t work without it.
Now some useful links with plenty of interesting information. Explore, click here and there!
- http://www.geography4kids.com/ (The atmosphere, the hydrosphere and the Earth’s structure are explained using diagrams)
- http://www.weatherwizkids.com/index.htm (The fascinating world of weather and weather phenomena, including experiments)
- http://www.fi.edu/fellows/fellow1/oct98/create/index.html (Discover how rocks are formed)
- http://www.epa.gov/OGWDW/kids/flash/flash_watercycle.html (Information on the water cycle)
- http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/mountains/volcanoes.htm (Facts about Volcanoes for Kids)
All right, now let’s watch some videos. To eliminate the advertisements click on the cross next to “Anuncios Google”
In this one we are told about the composition of the Atmosphere and its layers:
This one is also very interesting. Gases essential to life are explored through the history of the atmosphere:
Very good video about the water cycle:
I like this one about the ocean currents:
Volcanoes, volcanoes, volcanoes 🙂
What do you think? I would like to see your comments 🙂
Enjoy and have a very nice and long weekend
So say we all!!!