5th Grade – Science – The Middle Ages
Dear 5th Graders,
Finally, we are facing the last unit of the year: The Middle Ages. Look, with the help of Spicy Nodes I have prepared a table of the contents we are going to deal with:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
This time we are also going to make use of our wiki, Colonial Nuggets Wiki, to get the most out of this unit. Besides, we will make a timeline about Christopher Columbus‘ life. I hope we all have a lot of fun. But before we start I would like that you had a look at the great picture that James has made to illustrate our last unit. Click on it to see a bigger view. Thank you James!
OK. Here we go! Look, I have found some interesting websites:
· http://www.themiddleages.net/ (A fantastic site about Middle Ages art and lifestyle, weapons, and famous medieval people)
· http://www.kathimitchell.com/middleages.htm (Tons of resources about Middle Ages for children)
. http://www.medievaleurope.mrdonn.org/ (More resources about Medieval times for Kids)
· http://www.columbusnavigation.com/ (The Columbus Navigation homepage examines many different areas including the history, voyages and ships of Christopher Columbus)
· http://www.arteguias.com/ (Information about Romanesque art, in Spanish)
All right. Now I’m going to show you some videos that I have found:
· Get an animated look at what made life so different in Tudor England. Different facts about day’s life in Medieval Times
· This is a beautiful video about life in Al Andalus:
· A video about the reconquest, in Spanish 😦
· A great video about the discovery of America, in Spanish 😦 😦
I have put a lot of information that I hope you find it useful. Let me know what you think about it.
So say we all!!!