5th Grade – SCIENCE – Invertebrates
Dear 5th graders,
Are you ready for a new exciting unit of Science? I have put together some really interesting links and cool videos for you to expand Unit 3, Invertebrates. This is one of my favorites!
First of all, let me show you the concept map that I have prepared HERE. Remember that in order to run the application you must have Java installed on your computer. In case you don’t have it yet you can download it from HERE. If you prefer, you can download a printed version from HERE.
Now let me show you some helpful websites:
· Move a magnifying glass over a land or pond environment to find insects: here
· Find information about arthropods: here
· Insect crossword: here
· Insect word-search: here
· Find out how to discover which invertebrates are insects and which are not: here
These are just a selection of some of the cool Videos you can watch at Vimeo:
· Take a look at these beautiful images of jellyfish:
· In this video divers spot jellyfish, sponges and coral in the Gulf of Mexico:
· This is a compilation of insects you can easily find in the forest:
I hope you find it useful. Let me know your opinion.
So say we all!!