6th Grade – SCIENCE – Unit 4
“Energy Is Neither Created Nor Destroyed”
Dear 6th Graders,
After our great experience at Guijo de Avila it is time to come back to earth, roll up our sleeves, and get ready for a new unit of Science. And I need all your energies because unit 4 is devoted precisely to this, energy. If you click on the image below you will get a bigger view of the great picture Ramon (6t Grade A) has made to illustrate the topic.
Here we go! If you click HERE you will navigate through the concept map I have made. You can also download a printed version of the map from HERE. If you need to download Java you can do it from here.
Let me show you some interesting websites:
· Beautiful podcast about fossil fuels: HERE
· A wonderful site featuring various sections about energy, including what it is and the forms it comes in: HERE
· Visit this farm and learn about renewable energy sources such as wind, solar and methane biomass: HERE
· Learn about forms of energy, energy resources, energy efficiency, how energy can move and change, etc: HERE
· Learn how to save energy with CFL Charlie in his superfast red high-tops: HERE
· You’ve heard of Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Edison. Did you know there are hundreds of other inventors who helped the world understand how energy works? HERE
· The EU is investing in harnessing renewable energy sources, such as the sun, wind and water, to provide sustainable and clean alternatives to fossil fuels for the future:
· The science of sound:
I really hope you find it useful. Let me know your opinions.
So say we all!!