6th Grade – SCIENCE – Unit 5 (Electricity & Magnetism)
Dear 6th Graders,
I know you hold a magnetic attraction for Science 😀 That’s why I have put together a lot of interesting stuff related to our new unit, Electricity and Magnetism. If you click on the image below you will get a bigger view of the fantastic picture Dani (6t Grade B) has made to illustrate the topic.
These are some interesting websites:
· In this simulation you have to put the correct objects into the correct sequences to make the energy flow: here
· Looking at simple circuits: Here
· Test your knowledge of electricity: Here
· See if you can guess how bright the bulb will be in each of these circuits: Here
· Can you drag the wires and bulb into place to make the bulb light up?: Here
· Another cool game: Here
· Learn everything about magnets and magnetic forces Here
I have also found these cool videos:
This one introduces the concept of an electric circuit. It describes the difference between an open and closed circuit:
Understand parallel circuits:
Magnetic field of a magnet:
I hope it’s useful.
So say we all!!