6th Grade – Science – Unit 6
“The Force will be with you, always.”
Dear 6th Graders,
New year and new lesson of Science. Unit 6 is called “forces”. The Physics aspect of force, of course! 😀 As always, I have prepared my usual concept map. However, I’ve been thinking a lot and I have decided that I’m not going to post it yet since I would like that you developed your own one first… I will upload mine in just a few days. Meanwhile, I have found some interesting resources that surely will help you deal with this fantastic topic.
But first I would like that took a look at the great picture Ramon has drawn to illustrate the unit:
It’s cool, isn’t it? OK, let me show you some interesting websites:
· Learn what forces are and what they can do in this great animation with audio: here
· Watch an interactive animation about the different types of forces with relevant examples. There is a summary activity at the end: here
· Gravity, stretching and compression. Take a closer look at these type of forces: here
Look, I have also found these interesting videos:
· Watch this short clip in which they discuss the basic nature of gravity:
· In this video a Physics expert demonstrate his physics experiments to science staff: here
OK, this all for today. I will be happy to know your opinions about the topic.
I hope everything is useful!
So say we all!!